Thursday, September 11, 2014

A Photographic Summary Part II

Today's photographic summary shares some moments with a couple of my best friends...they were and continue to be such a significant part of my life that I consider them sister soul mates. I'm sure I've shared this before, but just to remind y'all, Anna was my first friend after leaving Oklahoma to join my Sailor in Great Lakes, Illinois. We lived there 6 months, and during that time, I didn't have any friends. I made acquaintances walking Kakashi daily and enjoyed some nice conversations, but that was the extent of those relationships. Tom was a night student and had duty every 4 days, and I barely ever saw him. It was a very lonely time; definitely one of the lowest points in my battle with depression. Before moving to Virginia, I used Facebook to try and make some new friends so I wouldn't have to experience that loneliness again! When you're moving around in the military life, making friends is like dating...I, and I'm sure many others, will basically post personal adds on military Facebook pages describing the best qualities about myself and what I would like to do with potential friends. You know, like, "I enjoy eating out! I love wings and beer nights!" With all of that being said, Anna and I have always talked about our friendship like a couple reminiscing on how we met and how influential we've been in each others lives...it's kind of a weird description, but it really is the best and most accurate haha! Anna is my Itty Bitty (nickname), and she has truly been my saving grace...I wouldn't have handled the military spouse lifestyle as well as I have without her support, strength, love, and friendship! Here's a photo of us on the first night we met face to face!


Itty Bitty's cousin, Clairessa, moved in with her a little more than a year later, and she and I instantly clicked! I was so relieved that I liked her so much because I knew she was such an important part of Anna's life! Anna and I were destined to become friends, and with Clairessa's arrival, it became apparent that she was a part of that destiny as well! I call her my like minded weird friend because we both share a kooky kind of thinking. She brought a new kind of silliness and charm to my life, and she's helped me to smile and laugh during my saddest moments. There have been too many times to count how often the three of us have embraced each other all at once for strength, comfort, and love! Here's a first photo of the three of us together followed by just a few of the many similar photos we share!



 



The news about moving to Florida was exciting because I was looking forward to living in a warmer state, and I actually enjoy the experience of living in new places! But, I left a lot behind in Virginia...Anna and Clairessa were the hardest goodbyes of my life. And actually, I don't like to call it a goodbye...so long for now, and farewell until we meet again, were the phrases I wanted to use, so it didn't sound so final! The night before I drove down to Florida to stay, was spent with my girls. They showered me with farewell gifts and photos to remember them by to have around my new home. We cried and cried and cried, but we laughed and laughed as well! The three of us have matching tattoos, a double infinity symbol, and my parting gift to each of them was an infinity bracelet..I haven't taken mine off once! We've been through some really tough times together, through shattering heartbreak We've been through too many happy moments to count! We live 10 hours apart now...but these girls will always always always be two of my very best friends. And guess what? I'm going to visit them next month! Too excited for words!

Before I wrap this up, I have to shout out some love for Anna's husband, Eric! He's a Marine, and I'm so proud to know him! He and Anna have a beautiful relationship and are a great example of how marriages in the military absolutely do work! Eric has been a big brother to me and has encouraged and supported me through so many tough moments in my life, and I'm so grateful for him in my life. And I'm grateful for the friendship he and my husband have...it's always nice when the husbands get along! I love him as much as I love my Itty Bitty and Cee...I'm truly blessed to have these three in my life! It's like having more siblings! :)


 I'll leave y'all with a simple little collage of what my last night with these gals looked like, dear readers! And remember, depression is a tough battle, but having the presence of friends instead of loneliness, is the very best kind of medicine and pick me up! Hugs and love, my lovelies!

Love,
Amy


No comments:

Post a Comment