Sunday, April 27, 2014

Pretty Much My Favorite Breakfast...or Lunch...or Dinner...

Good morning, dear ones! I thought I'd share my favorite little dish I prepare at home for the morning time...and sometimes afternoon time...also evening time...

Everyone knows that breakfast is appropriate for all hours of the day...so ha!

This came from a Doctor Oz episode. I wasn't going to link it, but I guess I should...here you go...right HERE...it's actually a pretty good little 3 day diet. Y'all can decide on that...I'm here to discuss the beauty of the Tex Mex Egg and Cheese Muffin. I just call it deliciousness!


All you need is:
whole wheat English muffin
1 egg
olive oil
salsa
avocado
Swiss cheese

I use a small ramekin to cook my egg in the microwave...less mess and it's the perfect size for the whole wheat muffin. Here we go! I always start with toasting the muffin for a couple of minutes while I get the egg ready, but you can toast your muffin whenever you want...there's no judgement here! Next, pour a small amount of olive oil in to the ramekin and use your fingers to spread it around the dish. Crack the egg and throw it in there! Give it a little beating with a fork and pop it in the microwave for 20 seconds. Remove the dish and add the Swiss cheese.


Pop it back in the microwave for another 20 seconds. After that, I scoop the egg out with a spoon and plop it on my English muffin...then I add a little salsa...like a teaspoon and a half...however much you prefer. Oh and I use hot salsa...'cause I like my life to be a little spicy! Then I drizzle a little more olive oil on top of that.



A little side not for y'all...these pics are really not the greatest, and I apologize for that. But! I was really hungry (on the verge of hangry) and thus did not take the time with finding a good place with natural light to photograph the process...please forgive me...move along...and eat this delicious concoction!

Moving on! Dr. Oz calls for 2 slices of avocado on his version, but I always use a half of an avocado. Avocados are remarkable delightful yummy little green things, so therefore I don't feel bad going a little overboard. So, I scoop out half of an avocado and place it on the muffin topper...then I take a fork to mush it all up, so I don't have to worry about chunks slipping out all over the place.

Side note: My friend, Karla, was the one who suggested I mush it up to diminish the messiness...I felt like an airhead...but that's okay sometimes...thanks so much, Karla!


Just flip the top over on the bottom...because that's the order of things right here...and you have a magnificent little breakfast muffin! I love it!


I plan on using egg whites only when I get the chance to fix it up without feeling hangry about the situation haha! But obviously, there's plenty of room for changes here. For example; I added salt and pepper for my grandma when I made it for her because she likes her food with salt and pepper...simple as that!

Anywho! I realize I'm posting this at lunch time, but that's okay because, like I said...breakfast, lunch, or dinner...there are no rules on food 'round here now!

Hope you all are having a wonderful weekend! Hugs and love, my lovelies!

Love,
Amy the wanna be chef ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment