Thursday, August 22, 2013

Detox Water...Or so it's called...

Today was a seven and a half.

I read this recipe for "detox water" in an old Women's World magazine...I think that's what the magazine is called...pretty sure. Anywho! It's yummy and delicious! The pitcher is sitting in my fridge overnight, and I can't wait to drink it up tomorrow! You're supposed to drink a pitcher a day...but I wonder if you can use the ingredients again? I've done that before...but I wasn't sure if that was okay. Maybe someone can make a suggestion on this matter. Here are some photos I took just because fruits and veggies and herbs are so lovely. And yes...I did arrange some irrelevant items to add to the overall appearance of the photo...well I had to make it pretty! Haha!


Grab a large cucumber, 10 to 20 mint leaves, and "citrus to taste" - I use one large orange and one large lemon.


Chop it all up and then arrange it all prettily for a picture.




Throw them all into the pitcher. I added each component in layers with the mint weighed down so it wouldn't float to the top and potentially get poured into the glass and inevitably end up in my teeth.




Add 2 quarts of water and voila! The original recipe did not say whether or not to let it sit, but other recipes suggest allowing the water to sit overnight and really get infused with all the good stuff. So I put some cling wrap over the top and it sits in my Frigidaire! Can't wait to drink it tomorrow! Good night, and hugs and love, my lovelies!

No comments:

Post a Comment