Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Brown Sugar...How Come Ya Taste So Good?!

Just like I knew you would!!! Haha! Does anyone else remember the commercial with the ant singing? I'm not even sure what the commercial was for...maybe a soda? Well anywho, I always sing those little lines anytime I cook with brown sugar :) Ah...brown sugar...yum.

Anyway! I don't have anything else to say about brown sugar at this time...I just wanted to grab your attention! Tomorrow I'm going to (hopefully) whip up some pecan brittle and maybe those "skinny chunky monkey cookies" everybody keeps "liking" on facebook. I'll take pictures along the way and share with you all of course. The brittle recipe is actually one that my grandma has had for as long as I can remember...I'm not sure who gave it to her. But it's awesome...all done in the microwave!

It's only been a few years since I really developed any kind of affection for cooking, but it's been a fun journey! I believe maybe one of my proudest accomplishments is making gravy from scratch...my grandma tried time and time again to teach me, but I was always intimated by the lack of exact measurements. I'm cool with eye balling measurements now...I'm not sure if I'm good at it, but so far, everything I've cooked has been edible :)

I feel like I'm rambling. That happens. Anywho! I have 3 aprons that were all especially altered for me...a "kiss the cook" one stitched by Betty (church family and person who wed Tom and me); a "mrs. carrell" one by one of my besties, Nicole; and a pink frilly one with "amy" stitched on it by my other bestie, Michelle :) I love all three! I'll have to make sure I get some photos of me rockin' the "housewife in an apron in the kitchen" look to go along with my show and tell of recipes on here.

I do have a half pic of the one Michelle made for me, and that is how I shall wrap this up. It's a few months old, but please ignore the bags under my eyes (that I can't seem to get rid of) and my messy hair. Stay tuned for recipes cooked and confirmed by me! Hugs and love, my lovelies!


No comments:

Post a Comment