Thursday, March 15, 2018

Three New Drawings and A Kakashi Dog Story

Hello, dear readers! Here are some things I've been thinking about:

* What is the appeal of watching "un-boxing" videos? I can understand when it comes to subscription type boxes where people may want an idea of the type of products they could be receiving. But when a person sits down with his or her purchases and starts a video like they're presenting some treasure to the world, I can't help but wonder, "Why?" Original art or a collector's item or something rare and unusual would be interesting. Sharing a new designer purse or an expensive piece of jewelry or brand name shoes feels like showing off in my opinion. To each their own I suppose. If you enjoy that sort of thing, power to ya!

* I mentioned in my last post an interest in dating again. A few days after I wrote that, I went on a date! It was fun and awesome and we clicked; I felt like there was hope in the universe again for women like me not wrapped up in this digital, impersonal, and self absorbed world we live in! But the date was too premature for him...he is still going through his divorce and it's too soon for him...I totally respect and understand that. Still. A big whomp whomp sad trumpet for me. I've been thinking about dating apps...something I felt strongly about avoiding...but I've been considering it now in an attempt to open my mind to all possibilities. Yay or nay?

* Pretty sure I'm about to jump into trying to sell my art. I'm not ready in that I don't have everything I need to operate like I want...such as mat boards and archival sleeves and such...but my finances are incredibly terrible with no relief in sight and I don't have time for piddly little here and there solutions soooo...it's time to go big or go home.......and hopefully don't end up even more broke. That's not grammatically correct is it? Flows better that way.

* Finding my new groove with my art finally. However, my new technique appears to be starting multiple drawings at once...we'll see how that goes...I'll share the current creations below in a sec.

* Kakashi was sick for a couple of days and I was a mess. I had a nightmare probably more than a year ago that I was walking him and he was lagging behind. It was completely unlike him and when he abruptly stopped and laid down, I immediately burst into tears knowing that something was terribly wrong. It broke my heart and even after waking I couldn't shake the loss; my then husband pretty much made fun of me for it; Kakashi was only ever a dog to him. Anyway! He started acting strangely a couple of evenings ago, and when I went to walk him for the last time that night, he was lagging behind and eventually stopped and laid down...just like in the bad dream. I got him up and back home and quickly started praying and crying...the crying turned into sobbing and the praying turned into pleading. This may sound overly dramatic, but I believe anyone who truly loves their pets like family will understand. A visit to the vet and some additions to his daily meals plus pain medicine has reset him and he's back to his happy self. I do believe there was some God work in there too...because it seemed much worse leaving the vet without any clear answers.

So! I'll leave y'all with the 3 drawings I have going and a little snapshot of Kakashi and me working on this blog entry...

Hugs and love, my lovelies!
The Ro Fo Sho



No comments:

Post a Comment