Monday, October 6, 2014

A Few More Comfortable Years in My 30's

In 3 days I will be celebrating my 32nd year of existence on this lovely little planet. I haven't minded this decade thus far, and aging hasn't really ever been a bother to me either. Time is a big deal though...I don't want to run out of time. If I start talking about time, this will turn into a really long, in depth, emotional exposure of my soul...so I'll hold off on that! Moving on! I sometimes have a title for a blog post before I've written the content, and that was the case today. I knew I wanted to write about my upcoming birthday, but there isn't anything significant about turning 32...except of course the gift of life.

So what do I think about moving up towards the next decade of life? My answer is to enjoy these years because they will be the comfortable years in my 30's. 32, 33, and 34 will be less likely to freak me out. And again, it's not a problem with getting older...time my friends...time.

I've spent the last 10 years talking about my photography and art. Just talking with very little not even mention worthy action. Depression, fatigue, and the struggles and obstacles of life have caused me to give excuse after excuse. Now, I know some of those excuses are completely valid, and I will not put myself down for those periods in my life. But for the rest of it, I don't have enough time. I know, I know, I have the rest of my life, but here's the deal. There are things I want to accomplish and I want to do them quickly so I can enjoy the fruits of my labor with more focus on creating and interacting rather than planning and initiating and other practical things. I hope that makes a bit of sense! It does to me anyway, and that's what important haha!

Birthdays are happy times in my world! I love the celebration and focus on the person turning another year older! And I don't mean just for me, y'all, I'm not that crazy self centered I don't think! I love celebrating my husband's birthday even though he doesn't think it's ever any big deal. I love celebrating my friends' birthdays even though most of them are indeed not fans of aging. I love celebrating my family members' birthdays even though they're over 1000 miles away. I guess you can say that I'm just happy about life in general...every year matters to me...every bit of time that one can have matters to me. Oh man someday, I'm going to have to tell y'all more about my feelings and ideas and hopes and fears concerning time...yes...it is a topic I get really in to!

Although I'm an adult, not gonna lie, I looooove presents! Does that make me sound materialistic? Do I simply sound like a child? Well I do love things and I just can't help it. I love the simplicity and beauty of nature and the things that cannot be owned like lakes, oceans, mountains, and forests...but when I'm indoors, I like the things I can enjoy in my home, on trips, with company, and so on and so on. It's just another level of fun! And I love giving gifts just as much if not a whole lot more...it's a constant occurrence that I see something and think of it for an individual. If I had endless money, my friends and family would be showered with presents at every occasion. Just so much fun I tell ya! My grandma knows what I'm talking about; she loves shopping and we would always have a grand ol' time together...we would always treat each other with something. I would usually treat grandma with food lol! If I ever wanted my grandma to go somewhere with me, I just have to say I'm buying breakfast, lunch, or dinner...aww good times. Anyway!

I have a very long wish lists of things I'd like to have, but what I'm mostly looking forward to is that my husband is going to actually be here for my birthday; I'll have friends to spend time with; and I have a trip to Virginia coming up to see even more friends...so excited for that! Would I like a big meal of sushi, a new hair do, and a new tattoo? Yes absolutely! But I know I can have those little experiences later, and I'll appreciate them just as much.

Happy Birthday to all the other October babies out there! It's the best month in my humble opinion haha! Thanks for reading about my enthusiasm for birthdays...I know most people don't share my feelings, but that's ok! Good night, dear ones.

Hugs and love, my lovelies!
Amy

p.s. Sorry for the lack of photos! I'm working on uploading new stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment